|The numbers on the left side are the number of students.|
We were having "technical difficulties" with our graph program.
Our goal was to change 60% of the students who drink milk to white milk. Did we succeed? Our final result for this year is exactly 60%. It was difficult to keep track of the milk orders since some classes had students move away or move in while other classes had students go home to eat lunch when the weather got nice, so fewer students were in the lunchrooms. If we did this again we might record the percentages of milk instead of number of students.
Friday, June 24, 2011 was the finale of Food Revolution and during the twitter party, Jamie Oliver tweeted out our address. THANK YOU! We had so many visitors from all over the world.
|You can follow Jamie Oliver on Twitter at @jamieoliver or his Food Revolution Team at @FoodRevTeam|
So what have we learned from running The Milk Revolution?
1. Make sure the camera is on if you are supposed to be recording. You also need to make sure you actually press record.
2. Half of what the media (TV, newspapers and radio) says is actually true. We've learned this because we know what was written or said about us and what is actually correct.
3. Sometimes adults are wrong, but they listen when you give them information.
4. Not everyone will listen to you and not everyone will like what you have to say.
5. It's ok to have fun while you work.
6. Quiet on the set means you actually have to be quiet and sit still.
7. Not everyone knows how to read the BIG stop sign on your door knob when you're recording in the classroom.
8. Even famous students have to do their math.
9. When in doubt, have a backup plan.
10. We could still learn all our subjects and do The Milk Revolution.
And to celebrate...
We are releasing our third episode of MooTV.
If you are having trouble viewing this video, try this link
Officially we are finished school on Wednesday, June 29, 2011. We didn't want anyone to forget about the revolution, so we've written a bunch of extra posts that will run over the summer. Please stop in and see them. We'll be back in the fall with a whole new campaign. We're hoping to have a Milk Revolution club in the fall so we can include younger students, too.
Don't forget you can be part of the Milk Revolution. Feel free to send in a picture over the summer. You can send pictures and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
|This photo was taken by Snotty Gizardchunks at Disneyland, California, USA.|